To use the IMAP folders for your email client you will need to do two things; Set the IMAP Path Prefix and specify the IMAP folders Mail will use.
Enter the IMAP Path Prefix:
- In the Mail menu choose Preferences.
- Click Accounts.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Enter INBOX as the "IMAP Path Prefix".
Use IMAP folders for Sent, Drafts, Junk and Trash
- Click the IMAP folder you like to use as one of the Mailboxes.
- Click the "Mailbox" menu
- Under "Use This Mailbox For" choose the corresponding mailbox.
- Repeat the above steps for any other folders you wish to store on the server.