If you have an email account set up on the server, you may want to configure Outlook or Outlook Express to send/receive email from this email address. To configure Outlook to connect to your account, please do the following:
Adding a new account:
- From Tools menu, click Accounts.
- Click Add, and then click Mail to open the Internet Connection Wizard.
- On the Your Name page of the wizard, type your name as you want it to appear to everyone who gets e-mail from you in the E-mail Address box, then click Next.
- Choose to use IMAP or POP3 (POP3 will download and remove all of the emails from our server, where as IMAP will synchronize the emails between your email client(s) and our server. IMAP is recommended if you will be using this email account with multiple devices.)
- Enter the following on the E-mail ServerNames page:
- Enter mail.mydomain.com in the Incoming Mail Server (POP3/IMAP) field.
- Enter mail.mydomain.com in the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) field.
- Click Next.
- On the Internet Mail Logon page, type your account name and password.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.
- Now to configure the ports and mail servers by clicking the "Properties" button.
- It is recommended that you enable the Secure Connection for both the Incoming and Outgoing servers.
- Once completed, click the Apply button.
- Switch to the Servers tab.
- Under Outgoing Mail Server, ensure that "My server requires authentication" is checked.
- Click Apply then OK.
- Click Close.